Tax Planning Services

International and Expatriate Planning

The United States is one of only two countries that impose taxes on its citizens abroad.

Although you can exclude all or part of your foreign income if you meet statutory foreign residence or physical presence abroad tests, you are still required to file a federal tax return every year if your global income is above the filing threshold.

Also, your income earned abroad is often subject to foreign income taxes, which can create credits or deductions and provide an additional measure of U.S. tax relief.

For questions regarding IRS Form 8854, the Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR), Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE), Foreign Housing Exclusion, and Foreign Tax Credits (FTCs), contact us today to schedule a FREE consultation with one of our tax specialists.